Member, Slovenian Australian Chamber of Commerce
Business opportunities & research
The Slovenian Australian Chamber of Commerce was founded in 2014 by the newly appointed Honorary Consuls for the Republic of Slovenia in conjunction with a number of business owners. The Chamber was created to foster the development of business relationships for companies wishing to expand and progress business opportunities between Slovenia and Australia.
The Chamber is an independently constituted non-profit organisation with its registered office in NSW, but with representation in all states of Australia. It has a strong relationship with the European Australian Business Chamber (EABC), and the Chamber executive regularly attend functions held by not only EABC, but also other Chambers who work with countries as diverse as Indonesia, India, Austria, Switzerland, etc.
The objectives of the Chamber are:
- To foster and promote trade, industry and investment among business people, firms and corporations from Slovenia and Australia and to develop and improve economic, commercial and industrial relations between Slovenia and Australia,
- To serve as a voice of the Australian Slovenian business community,
- To promote agreements between Slovenia, Australia and Australian firms to cooperate in joint ventures, transfer of know-how, licensing agreements and establishment of third country projects,
- To facilitate business and social contacts among its members,
- To promote the Chamber and Slovenia’s economic interests into South East Asia.
Lara Černetič is a private business consultant based in Melbourne, Australia. She connects companies internationally and gives advice on business, product and market development. Lara is also a Committee Member of Slovenian Australian Chamber of Commerce, thus actively involved in promoting business relationships for companies wishing to expend and progress business opportunities between Slovenia and Australia.
Prior to moving to Australia in 2013, she was a Consul of the Republic of Slovenia in Milan, Italy, with a mission to increase Slovenian export to Italy and to promote foreign investments in Slovenia.
She has more then 20 years of work experience in business support services, international trade and promotion.