Conference date: Friday, 19 November 2021
Conference venue: TBA, Adelaide
Registration (free): Eventbrite (coming soon)
Study Tour: Saturday, 20 November 2021 (Organised by Slovenian Australian Cook Hub).
We welcome everyone to the 5th SAAA Annual Conference on the 19th of November 2021 in Adelaide. What a perfect time for Slovenians and friends to participate in:
- the sharing of knowledge across generations, academia and industries.
- the celebration of achievements in our young people.
- the preservation of our beloved language, our traditional recipes and cultural folk tales.
- the 30th anniversary of Slovenia’s Statehood and its ongoing achievements in the field of Environmental Awareness and Gastronomy.
- the acknowledgement of Slovenia’s vital role in the Presidency of the Council of the EU, occurring in the second half of 2021. We are looking forward to acknowledging the importance of networks between EU and the Australasian region.
Over the past 12 months, Slovenians have found a deeper connection with each other spanning the globe and we would love to harness this connection and energy in our next Conference in November 2021. Our Slovenian community in Adelaide, is active, thriving and we would love to introduce you all to our members and share the hospitality with you. We love our beaches, green hills, extraordinary wineries, delicious seafood and very warm people. We look forward to showing off our beautiful city with you all.
Local Organising Committee
Academic Committee: Dr Kaja Antlej, Prof Aaron Hermann, Prof John Hajek, Dr Matevž (Matt) Rašković, Anna Tait, Vesna Makovšek (VTIS), Mateya Slobodnik (SACC)
Local Organising Commettee: Carmen Jenko, Mark Gobec
- SAAA was established in 2015 and today it has almost 70 members affiliated across 19 universities. SAAA has 11 regional sections in Australia, Slovenia, New Zealand, and South-East Asia
- SAAA connects academics, researchers, students, young entrepreneurs interested in knowledge exchange opportunities between Slovenia, Australia as well as their respective regions.
- SAAA supports younger generations through its Travel Grant to Slovenia and has been awarded an EU-funded ERASMUS+ project.
- Since its foundation, SAAA has held four annual conferences: Melbourne 2017, Brisbane 2018, Sydney 2019, Wellington (online) 2020.
Co-organisers: Slovenian Australian Chamber of Commerce (SACC), Association of Slovenes Educated Abroad (VTIS)
Supported by: Slovenian Embassy in Canberra
Sponsor: Office of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia for Slovenians Abroad
Contact: Carmen Jenko and Mark Gobec, email@example.com