‘Slovenian Australian research-business collaboration’
The Slovenian Australian Academic Association (SAAA), the Slovenian Australian Chamber of Commerce (SACC) together with the Association of Slovenes Educated Abroad (VTIS) jointly invite you to SAAA’s 3rd Conference 2019 on Slovenian Australian research-business collaborations held on the 22nd of November 2019 in Sydney.
This Slovenian Australian research-business collaborations conference will include morning networking (AGM for SAAA members), afternoon sessions with a light lunch and a dinner. In the afternoon, participants will hear from academics about their work in Australia and New Zealand, how they collaborate with Slovenia and where lay the challenges and opportunities.
The attendance is open to academics, researchers, students, entrepreneurs, and all organisations, businesses and professional service providers who are interested to learn the current knowledge exchange between Slovenian and Australia upon their respective regions. We do encourage that you save the date for this exciting event with many new relationships that will be formed and knowledge shared you won’t want to miss out on this opportunity to be part of some great discussions!
If you need any information or wish to get involved, please do not hesitate in contacting our conference manager, Mateya Slobodnik on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0404 131 621.
PROGRAM (coming soon)
- His Excellency Mr Peter Jožef Česnik, Minister for Slovenians Abroad, Office of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia for Slovenians Abroad
- His Excellency Mr Jurij Rifelj, Ambassador of the Republic of Slovenia in Australia
- Professor John Hajek FAHA, Professor of Italian Studies, Director, RUMACCC, University of Melbourne, SAAA Vice-President
Understanding the Demography of Slovenes and Slovene in Australia today
- Professor Sara Dolnicar, Tourism, UQ Business School, The University of Queensland
Making the tourism industry more environmentally friendly
SAVE THE DATE: Friday, 22nd November 2019:
- SAAA AGM (10.00-11.30) – Breakfast at participants’ costs, venue to be announced – Apply for membership here.
- Conference (12.30-17.00)
- Dinner (18.00-20.00; optional) – at participants’ costs, venue to be announced
VENUE: Sydney, A University venue TBA
REGISTRATION: Eventbrite (coming soon)
CONFERENCE LANGUAGE: English
CONFERENCE WEBSITE: saaa.si/3rd-saaa-conference-sydney-2019/
FACEBOOK EVENT: www.facebook.com/events/297607440911856/
Organisational committee: Mateya Slobodnik, Dr Kaja Antlej, Vesna Makovšek, Dr Matevz Raskovic, Dr Jurij Karlovsek, Andrew Bratina, Manca Ogrizek
Supported by: Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Canberra